Everybody knows I'm posseding a fondness towards "Christmas spirit", to the horror of my Jewish friends. The presents, the lights, the family tradition (in my childhood remarked by a huge tree in the living room, sort of a phallic symbol of the Russian man's capability, if you will) - all of this speaks to me greatly, and every year I find myself wishing I lived in some "ultimate Christmas gift guide". Well, sinse empty wishing is so 2011, I've decided to go forward with my own presents guide - to myself, that it. Part 1 is dedicated to 10 most desired non-fiction books.
2. Scanwiches, the book - a long awaited creation by my all-time favorite website.
3. The Perfect Imperfect Home by Deborah Needlman - as if it was created especially for me.
4. Luxe Guides to New York and Chicago - for my big America 2012 trip.
5. Brazilia Style - recomended by Elle Britain gift guide, and as I have a Brazilian flatmate, I
happily accept. Plus, the cover is super-funky.
6. What To Wear Where - a fun book by another one of my favorites.
7. Jamie Does.... - Jamie Oliver, you gotta love him, does Swedish, Moroccan and other yummy
recipes. There's no saying no to that.
8. Terryworld - not the newest book out there, but it has naked Terry Richardson on the cover.
9. I Like You: Hospitality Under Influence by Amy Sedaris - I wanted this for a long time, coz
there no other book referring so briliantly to my hosting fears.
10. Bals: Legendary Costume Bals of the Twentieth Century - despite the long name, included in
the gift guide of Instyle and tickles just the right magic - buds.